Sunday, 8 March 2015

Vintage mixed media canvas - travelling


Here is my latest mixed media project. But this time the theme is the travelling and  I have so longed to make it for a while.

To do this picture first I had to purchase the vintage globe and an airplane die.








To make this I took a 20x20 cm primed canvas.








Then I cut out some pages from a book and I placed on the canvas to see if they could cover properly the sides of the canvas.








I glued the pages on the canvas with decoupage glue. But first I put the book pages into a bowl filled with water to soften the papers. 








I let it dry.








With a Sizzix embossing folder, as well as Tsukineko Memento (Rich Cocoa) and Ranger Distress (Tea Dye) inks I made a postcard picture.







I put a thin layer of modelling paste to the canvas then I glued the postcard on it.








I cut out the vintage globe twice. I painted the number 1. globe with Expresso Tsukineko Memento ink and I put a layer of Ranger Crackle Accents.









When it dried I coloured the oceans with Ranger Distress inks (Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Evergreen Bough). On  the number 2. globe I coloured the continents with Tsukineko Memento (Bamboo Leaves) and Ranger Distress (Bundled Sage, Tea Dye) inks. 








I cut out the continents from the number 2. globe and I glued them on the number 1. globe.









I painted the canvas with Ranger Distress inks.


I cut out the airplane, the car, the letters and the birds with my dies and the Sizzix Big Shot.


The Eiffel-tower was stamped and I cut it out with scissors.

















What I used:







Memory Box, Flying Birds (98655)





cardstocks

bookpages

Eiffel-tower stamp

Rayher decoupage glue

Schmincke modelling paste

Schmincke acrylic medium










You can also find some hints here in my older blogpost:




And one more thing, with this canvas I am participating in a challenge on "A vintage journey" blog. So, fingers crossed :-)



10 comments:

  1. Stunning project love all the details that you have added Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great canvas and your tutorial shared some wonderful pictures and instructions. Thanks for joining us here at A Vintage Journey and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sandy, I've just discovered the Vintage Journey but I'm lucky to find you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely travel themed canvas you created Monika! Your background is lovely with the text and embossed postcard - great design with the car, plane and globe! thank you so much for joining us in the AVJ all things Tim challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How kind of you, Julia! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely canvas, making great use of the diecuts. Thank you for joining us on A Vintage Journey again.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Alison!

      Delete
  7. How lovely you could join the birthday celebrations at AVJ with this amazing canvas Monika.
    Thanks for hopping aboard and sharing the celebrations.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!