On January 6th, after Epiphany I always have to hurry to put away all the Christmas decorations, because my daughter’s birthday is coming relentlessly. As I’m organizing a birthday party I have started to make the handmade decorations. First of all I prepared a giant (70 cm) polka dot number, a 7, as she will be 7 years old.
Here are the steps how I made it:
1. I drew a 7 on a board paper.
2. I cut it out.
3. I painted green with Marabu acrylic paint on both sides. I put at least three coats.
4. I used a white label sticker and I drew dots with using a plastic cap. I could draw 2 dots on every label.
5. I arranged the dots on the number and after I sticked them up.
6. I lacquered with two coats.
7. I attached a paper raffia to the 7 and I hung it up on the wall.