Sunday 3 May 2015

12 tags of 2015 - May tag - Mother's Day tag

After Tim Holtz's May tag I tried to make my own version.






This is a posthumous Mother's Day tag for my dear grandmother who died 10 years ago. She was the one who taught me to sew and to embroider. 



And now I tell you how I made this tag.






From chipboard I cut out a tag.







As I live in Luxembourg and because here you can't buy Tim Holtz's products, I bought a jute bag to make burlaps.








I covered the chipboard tag with decoupage glue and I attached the jute tag on it.















I printed my grandmother's photo and then I coloured it with Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass.


After I put some hearts with the heart stencil and modelling paste on the right corner. When it was dry I coloured it with red acrylic paint but I found it too dark, so I put a layer of rose too.





With the Spring Greenery I cut out some leaves and I coloured them with Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn.






For the little flowers I used the Sizzix 3D flowers because Tim Holtz's latest tattered flowers are not yet available here.






I stamped a calendar with a rubber stamp and StazOn ink then I wrote the birthday of my grandma to the calendar.












I aged the calendar with Antique Linen Stain.








And here is a Paris post stamp from Tim Holtz.








And I put all the elements on the tag.



















What I used:






Ranger Distress inks

StazOn ink


jute bag

twine

buttons

acrylic paint

Schmincke acrylic medium




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tag. I really like that you chose to use a "real" photo. Your step-by-step instructions are very helpful as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!