Friday 1 June 2018

Rusty tag with cogs and red heart

Hello everybody, here is my first inspirational make for our June Challenge: The Written Words





For making this tag, I cut out a tag from chipboard with Sizzix Tag&Bookplates Bigz die by Tim Holtz. Then I cut out several cogs from 300gsm paper with Sizzix Gearhead Thinlits die by Tim Holtz and I glued them on the tag (the back as well).

After this, I put a layer of black gesso on my tag - both sides.

I smeared some rust paste mixed with brown paints onto my tag. 

I inked the edges with StazOn Jet Black ink.



The heart was cut out with Sizzix Primitive Hearts Bigz Die from chipboard. I painted both sides red with acrylic paint.

I embossed a piece of 210gsm paper with Riveted Metal Texture Fades embossing folder by Tim Holtz. I painted it red. I glued this piece of paper on my chipboard heart then I fussy cut the excess.

With archival ink, I highlighted the embossed parts end the edge of the heart.

The text is from the Stampers Anonymous, Simple Sayings set by Tim Holtz. I stamped the text with Ranger Archival ink (Jet Black). I cut out and distressed the edges with a knife. The edges were inked with Ranger Distress Vintage Photo ink.

I glued the text strip and the heart with 3D foam adhesive onto my tag.

The arrow was attached with Tacky Glue Fast Grab.




Here is the back of my tag. Cool, isn't it?



This is why I didn't want to put too many elements on the front. I didn't want to cover this beauty :-)

So if you have any project with a text added, please don't hesitate to join our June challenge where you can win a £20  CVC voucher!

With my tag, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Masculine



9 comments:

  1. The rust look is perfect Monica and I totally get why you don't want to hide it! A great Steampunk inspired tag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab rusty tag Monika, the pop of red sets it off perfectly. Happy June xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Monika, rust will do it every time lol. Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant tag Monika, you can't beat a bit of rust and it always looks amazing with a pop of red. Have a very happy June, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely yummy rust ! Great tag Monika!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous rusty tag Monika - love those cogs! Brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous rusty cogs, and I love the bold red riveted heart.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that red heart is so striking against your beautiful rusty cogs background, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag, dear Monika! I agree with you - the background of the tag is so cool!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!