Sunday 21 February 2016

Easter shadow box with dies by Tim Holtz

I just finished my Easter shadow box. And because for this I used a toy box of my daughter I would like to enter of the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp blog: RECYCLE/UPCYCLE STYLE







Here is the box that I used. It was a quite sturdy box so I didn't want to put it into the waste paper bin :-)







Firs I gessoed the box, then I painted white with acrylic paint. When it was dry I started to stenciled. For this I coloured green my white texture paste. 






I tapped Rayher-DecoArt brown patina to the edges then I covered with a layer of Ranger Distress Crackle Paint (Clear Rock Candy).






The inside was gessoed too and painted light blue.







I cut out the shapes from chipboard. Actually I used many layers to give dimension to my elements.


The eggs were painted with acrylic paints, after I put tiny white dots on the surface. In the end I covered with Ranger Glossy Accents.






I put four little flowers in the grass. I inked the edges of the petals with Victorian Velvet and I put tiny half pearls to the middle of the flowers.



What I used:






Sizzix Framelits Die, Eggs (658691)





















I hope you like it! Happy crafting!




3 comments:

  1. Sweet project, so delicate , love the inside and the outside! Thank you for sharing your project with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so cute! I LOVE the hanging eggs...just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!