Sunday 11 December 2016

Christmas tag with Tim Holtz St. Nick

Oh my god, it was two years ago when I last used Tim's St. Nick die! What a shame! Because I have many reasons to use it! For example here is one reason, I have a nearly 11 years old daughter who is still a believer! I don't want to exaggerate to say that at home there is a personality cult of Santa but he is a very special person to us :-)

And the other reason, I love this die!




About my tag I have to explain two things. I'm a collector of vintage Christmas postcards. If you like vintage postcards maybe you know that Santa's image was often accompanied with holly branches. And the other thing is, before the Coca-Cola's Santa spread all over the world, Santa was often represented in other colours than red, e.g. blue, brown and purple. This is why I made my St. Nick with purple hat.

For making this tag, I used 4 colours of Ranger inks, Pine Needle, Evergreen Bough, Mowed Lawn and Walnut Stain to the edges.





Then with the Holly Bough stencil and DecoArt Metallics Oyster Pearl I made holly branches on my tag.





The basic of my St. Nick is felt, as the hat and other parts too, except the face.


I also put some glitter powder to the white felt parts.






With my St. Nick Tag I would like to join the following challenges:

A Vintage Journey: Winter Magic

Monday Challenge of Simon Says Stamp: Christmas Gifts

Stamps&Stencils: Christmas Wishes


P.S.: Wooohooo! My tag was spotlighted on the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp! Many thanks for the Monday Challenge DT who liked my make!



8 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Me too, I love this die!!!! color is fantastic and I love the felt mixed with Distress inks background and paper! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks beautiful - just got hold of this die and can't wait to use it now! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your tag and the blues! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Santa in blue...and what a great background. HO HO HO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing at AVJ this month
    Annie CG

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely tag! I guess you have put St Nick away for another year by now. Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!