Wednesday 31 May 2017

Painting with circles - version blue

I'm sorry for the one week silence, we just came back from the Loire Valley. Although it was a one week holiday we tried to visit as many castles and museums as possible - and actually it was 5 days if I don't count the 2 days we spent on the French motorway. 

Just to make you a little jealous I tell you that we visited the following castles: Chenonceau, Clos Lucé in Amboise, Villandry, Azay-le-Rideau, Langais and Ussé. And I must mention too that the Mashroom Museum and the Pierre et Lumiere Museum in Saumur were also very interesting along with the delicious crémants (sparkling wines) we tasted back from these museums.

As for my painting... I've already had the design. I made it for a card with dark blue frame and I used inks to mix the colours.

Now, here is my 30x30 cm acrylic painting:






And here is my earlier design, my card:






For my painting I used DecoArt Americana acrylic paints as follows: Blue Chiffon, Primary Blue, Uniform Blue, Wedgewood Blue, Williamsburg Blue, Winter Blue, Pineapple, Foliage Green and White Wash. I also used a 2B graphite pencil.











I'm planning to make the fuchsia version of this painting (also an earlier design).

With my painting I would like to join the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp blog: We're going around in circles.




2 comments:

  1. These are fun circles Monika - great colours and I look forward to seeing the pinky version too! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your creations are fabulous...masterpieces every one...so glad you had a great holiday in France...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!