Friday 19 January 2018

Mosaic Valentine's Day card

Hello Everyone, Here I am with the second inspirational post for the January challenge of the Country View Challenges: Anything goes. 

This is a Valentine's Day card because that special day will be soon here, so it's time to prepare.  



I used a piece of mixed media paper (300g) and my Sizzix Bigz Die, Mosaic by Tim Holtz (661194) and I ran it through the Sizzix Machine. 




Then I gave a rectangle shape for the paper with the windows using a Sizzix Framelits Rectangle Die.




Then I cut out another rectangle (the same size) but without the windows. I painted it with Whispering Turquoise then I smeared the card with Blue Chiffon.




Unfortunately, I wasn't satisfied with the result, so I spritzed with water a little dab from the same colours and I tapped the paints onto the surface here and there with a sponge.





After drying I spattered with white paint the blue card.



I tapped white paint onto the mosaic card. 

The next step was to spatter with brown paint (Burnt Umber) both cards.



I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs and since the blue card was too clean for me, I smeared some watered Vintage Photo ink onto the surface.




Here are some pics of the hearts:



Here you can see that I painted with two different pink paints.



I inked the edges of the hearts.



With a brush, I put a layer of medium onto the hearts and sprinkled with Clear Rock Candy Stickles. I let them dry.

The text was printed by me.











The leftovers from these sugar candy hearts were used for this Silly Monsters card.


If you have a project which fits our Anything goes challenge, please feel free to join in because a randomly chosen entrant can win a £20 voucher!

Thanks for visiting!!! Happy crafting!!!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Valentine card, Monika! A good design for a man's card too since it isn't too "cute".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Monika, but as Christine says, not too 'cute'. Have a lovely weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your heart card, Monika! I love the cut windows and how you used them.
    Have a nice sunday!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!