Saturday 3 February 2018

Valentine's Day card with a gentleman

I tried to make a masculine Valentine's Day card and I think I could achieve my goal.




For making the background, I tapped Indigo Blue (very dark blue) acrylic paint onto a rectangle cardstock.




When it was dry I embossed it with one of Tim's embossing folders and then with a solid sponge I added Ranger Distress Oxide on the surface (Faded Jeans). Since the DOX is a pigment ink it works perfectly on darker areas.




The gentlemen and the flowers were cut out from kraft paper.




What I used:

Sizzix Bigz Die, Festive Gent by Tim Holtz (660034)

Sizzix Thinlits Die, Tiny Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz (660227)

Sizzix Thinlits Die, Wildflowers by Tim Holtz (661190)

Sizzix Texture Fades, Valentine Background by Tim Holtz

Idea-Ology, Small Talk, Occasions by Tim Holtz




With my card I would like to join the challenge of the Frilly and Funkie: All you need is love!



MentésMentésMentésMentésMentésMentésMentésMentés

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, the background is stunning with that lovely blue over the back embossed detail. Thanks for joining us for the "All you need is love" challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you've achieved your aim of making a masculine Valentines Day card Monika! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, why didn't I think of this? I LOVE your background, and what a clever way to use that gent! Gorgeous masculine card, but I love it, too! Thank you for sharing your artwork with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!