Saturday 3 November 2018

Twas the night before Christmas

Hello everyone, let me show you my latest make, a Christmas card with Sizzix-Tim Holtz dies. 



And this time I have a tutorial.

First, I cut out a 14x14 cm square card from watercolour paper.

I cut out the trees two times with Sizzix Thinlits die, Tree Line by Tim Holtz from dark green cardstocks using two different shades.

I blended Hickory Smoke ink onto the surface of the trees because it's a night scene so I needed a blackish-greyish tone.


I cut out the Santa with Sizzix Thinlits die, Village Christmastime by Tim Holtz from black cardstock.



I painted the background with acrylic paints.



I inked the edges with Hickory Smoke ink, then I glued the first tree line about a centimetre higher from the bottom.


Then I glued the second tree line.


I adhered the Santa cut-out.



I spattered with diluted white acrylic paint using a brush.


I placed my card on a 14,5x14,5 cm silver glitter paper.

And I cut out the Merry Christmas text from the same glitter paper using the Sizzix Thinlits die, Home for the Holidays by Tim Holtz.

I put this on a white 300gsm square card.



I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!


With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Take Flight

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes



1 comment:

  1. Love your gorgeous Holiday card! Great design! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!