Sunday 19 May 2019

Advertising board with ice cream

On the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog there is a new challenge that I didn't want to miss. It's called: Happy Hour. To be able to participate, I decided to create a card which looks like a vintage wooden advertising board with ice cream. And right now, there is a promotion: 2 for 25 cents!


To begin with, I took a 300gsm watercolour paper, I cut out a rectangle from it and added a layer of light blue paint (DecoArt Spa Blue). When it was dry, I stamped the wood grains with Ranger Archival, Shadow Grey ink using the Stampers Anonymous Craze and Planks stamp set (CMs344).

With a sponge, I smeared diluted white paint all over on the surface but I put more to the edges.

Then I inked the edges with different brown inks.

I cut out the letters from the same 300gsm paper using the Sizzix Alphanumeric 3/4". I inked the edges with Distress ink (Gathered Twigs).

For the top layer, I cut out a smaller rectangle with Sizzix Stitched Rectangles Thinlits die. 
I stamped the ice cream from Treats Blueprints (CMS195) with Potting Soil Archival ink.
With Antique Linen Distress ink, I aged the paper and coloured the ice cream with Distress markers (Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo).

I put three brads to the corners and I added a piece from one of the Tim Holtz Ephemera packs and I toned it down with a little diluted white paint. 



With this card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stitches.

I would like to join also the Frilly and Funkie Challenge: I love it because - as you can see it's not a card for any occasion, it just a card with a summer vibe and ice cream that I love :-)

I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

3 comments:

  1. Monika, I love your 'sweet' card with those summery shades and yummy ice cream cone! With temps pushing 90 degrees F yesterday and the promise of at least more 10 more days of this horrid weather, this treat is even more welcome! I'm so happy you shared what you love with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card, makes me want ice cream!! I love the look of your vintage card, thanks for joining in The Frilly and Funkie challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Summer feel card Monika! I love the weathered boards background and die cut lettering! Thank you for sharing it with us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!