Saturday 1 June 2019

Entomology card

Hello dear crafters, it's June so a new challenge started at the Country View Challenges, It's a bug's life and the lovely Jane will be your hostess this month. 

But before I show you my project, I would like to announce a little change here, on my blog, again I changed my name :-) A few years ago I changed the Decoration to Designs but now I decided to leave the third part. From now on, this blog is just Mistletoe Home. (If you don't know why Mistletoe, and you are curious, please read my CV here.) 



Now let's start the tutorial! 

I cut out the bug from black cardstock, using the Sizzix Thinlits die, Geo Insects by Tim Holtz (664180).

I took a Yupo paper, some greenish, blueish alcohol inks and a bottle of Blending Solution and made a colour melange.

I placed my bug to the coloured paper and I glued it on. After drying, I cut off the excess.


I took a 300 gsm watercolour paper and cut out a rectangle with Sizzix Thinlits die, Stacked Deckle (662694).

I covered it with diluted Antique Linen ink, then spattered with Vintage Photo ink. After drying, I spritzed with water, so the spattered stains became blurry, more vintage for me. I inked the edges of the paper with a sponge, using Vintage Photo ink.

Then I cut out a rectangle with Sizzix Thinlits die, Stitched Rectangle by Tim Holtz from brown cardstock for making an underlayer.

With a Sizzix Framelits die, I cut out a large rectangle from one piece of the Idea-Ology, Dapper Paper Stash (12x12).


For the word, Entomology, I used the Sizzix Thinlits die, Sentiment Words by Tim Holtz (661799).


If you have a project with a bug or more, please don't hesitate to join our June challenge where you can win a £20 voucher.

With my card, I would like to join the:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Frame it!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes


7 comments:

  1. Great card, Monika, I love the Vintage feel, almost museum like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Monika - really lovely! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool bug card Monika, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant project Monika, this bug is almost too realistic lol, he looks like he's straight out of a nature book. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Monika ! Love the bug !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Monika - love your bug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card dear Monika! I love, how you colored the bug!
    Big hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!