Monday 13 January 2020

Framed Valentine's Day picture with bear and honey

Hello everyone, here I am again with another project with my new favourite, Theodore, the bear by Tim Holtz. 


First I would like to explain, how I assembled Theodore. This will be handy later for me too. 

For the first three layers, I used different shades of brown textured papers. 


The second and the third layer was made from the same paper, I just inked the second one with Vintage Photo Distress ink.

Then I added the greyish brown upper face and after the other brown parts.


The top of the face-nose part was made from kraft paper. The white parts of the nose were coloured with Old Paper Distress marker.


And because the white parts of the eyes are so tiny, I cheated and I made them with Sakura White Gelly Roll marker.


The pot was cut out from orange and yellow textured paper. I'm sure you know which die was used for this. Yes, the Cauldron Bigz die! The bee is a rub-on sticker, from the Elements set. For the spoon, I used the Artful Arrows Bigz die, and cut twice one of the arrows from kraft paper and I cut the edge a little round.

As for the background, I took a 200gsm watercolour paper and brayered the top part with Tumbled Glass, the bottom part with Bundled Sage Distress paints.




But then, I toned it down with a little Picket Fence and two drops of Antique Linen ink.


And since I had to bring out my sewing machine to sew my pants, I decided to make some stitches.


And in the end, I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Archival ink.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Label by Tim Holtz (for the texts)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play by Tim Holtz (for the sun)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Theodore by Tim Holtz (for the bear)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Wildflowers Stems 1 by Tim Holtz (for the flower)

Sizzix Bigz die, Artful Arrows by Tim Holtz (for the spoon)

Sizzix Bigz die, Cauldron by Tim Holtz (for the honey pot)

Sizzix Bigz Die, Heartfelt die by Tim Holtz (for the little heart)

Ranger Distress paints (Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Picket Fence)

Ranger Distress ink refill (Antique Linen)

Ranger Distress marker (Old Paper)

Ranger Archival ink (Vintage Photo)

Ranger Distress ink (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain)

Core'Dinations Kraft-Core textured papers

etc.




I hope you like it and found my tutorial useful!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!



1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. And thank you for the layer by layer how to on the bear. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!