Wednesday 2 October 2013

Separate toilet renovation


I can say it bravely that our separate toilet is completely ready! The last detail - the cream white cupboard - had fallen into place. 



Just for fun, here is a photo about the previous condition:


Before!






















And now here are the details!

Soft cream tiles from Villeroy&Boch, oval wooden mirror from Maisons du Monde, elegant wall lamp from Pottery Barn and towel holder from IKEA.




Storage for the extra toilet papers from Maisons du Monde.



And my special made-to-measure cupboard.







I made some pictures of the cupboard that I ordered from a carpenter but it was me who painted and distressed it.

Here is a natural pine wood cupboard:



First I painted it with a walnut colour stain, after I used a gentle sandpaper to make the surface smooth. Then I put another coat of stain. 




After I painted three thin layers water based acrylic paint.




At last I used a rough sandpaper to sand the edges.





And again a photo of the final standing of the whole toilet:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!