Wednesday 1 July 2015

Card for wedding anniversary with Tim Holtz crazy birds

There is a lovely English folk song: Lavender blue, dilly, dilly, Lavender green, When I am king, dilly, dilly, You shall be queen..."

I like this song and when I wanted to make something for our wedding anniversary I just knew that I would use this text somehow.

So I have made this card:






For making this card I used Karen Burniston's Accordion Rectangle Die. 


I cut out the shape from a 270 gramme blue cardstock.






But as I wanted to use this die as a photo frame with two parts I cut two pieces.


I used this part of the die set to cut out two shapes from white cardstock as well.







But I needed only the frame so I cut out the unwanted parts and I coloured them with Distress Inks.







I glued them on the blue basic. I made the same thing with the backside of the card.






I stamped the crazy birds on white cardstock then I coloured them with Distress Markers. 







I stamped with Tim Holtz Shabby French stamp on the frame, then I gessoed a little bit.


I cut out a smaller rectangle from white cardstock and I glued  it on the blue basic. After I glued the birds too.


Because in the song there are lavenders I decided to put lavenders onto my card. For the lavenders I used a Memory Box Die, the Long Stem Lavender Die.






















What I used:







Rangers Distress Inks (Evergreen Bough, Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers) - for the frame

Ranger Distress Markers (Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, Evergreen Bough, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar) - for the birds

Ranger Distress Ink (Scattered Straw) - for the crown

Ranger Distress Marker (Chipped Sapphire, Seedles Preserves) - I mixed them for the lavenders

Ranger Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet) - for the heart

Marabu Glitter Liner (gold)

gesso

ColorBox Ink, White Chalk Ink

StazOn Ink (Timber Brown)









Earlier in this blog I have already shared with you my mixed media canvas what I have made for our anniversary too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!