Monday 14 September 2015

Halloween mixed media with funny pumpkins

This mixed media wall decoration will go to my daughter's room. This is why it is far more funny than a scary piece of Halloween decor. 








For the text I used a French language joke. "C'est chouette!" means something like: "It's great!" "It's fantastic!" but the chouette itself means owl. So you can figure it out whether the two pumpkins speaks about the owl above them or about the Halloween :-)







The basic was a pressed paper (chipboard) which was actually the back cover of an A3 sketch pad. 







Painted black with acrylic paint.







I cut out the main motives.








I put some grey and olive green to the bottom part and some blue to make the night sky. I glued the full moon and painted yellow, soon after smeared it with a sponge. 







I painted the motives too with acrylic paints.







I put a layer of Ranger Distress Crackle Paint to the background. When it was dry I glued the motives and then I add some Crackle Paint to the pumpkins too.













I filled the eyes, the mouths, the eyebrows with black Marabu Glitter Liner. I also covered the owl with brown Glitter Liner and I add silver Glitter Liner to the letters.


I put a layer of Ranger Crackle Accents to the branch.













I placed the image to a black IKEA frame, and finally I put some fake cobwebs and a spider on the frame. And it was ready :-)



















With this mixed media wall decoration I'd like to enter to the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp blog: Love This Technique




What I used:









Memory Box Letter Die, Lower Case

Quickutz Die, Bats

Sizzix Framelits Die, Circle


Marabu Glitter Liner: black, brown, silver



Acrylic paints

IKEA Marietorp frame (30x40cm)


1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous project! I just love these pumpkins with their glittery grins. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!