Friday 13 November 2015

Blue Christmas card with stocking

Let me show you my second piece of the November challenge of the Country View Challenges blog. This time the theme is: THE COLOUR BLUE

If you would like to show us your own blue creation, please feel free to link your work to the CVC. You can win a £20 voucher!


Now, here is my card:






This a simple card and so easy to prepare it. 

First I cut two card basics with Sizzix Pop 'N Cut XL Base Die by Karen Burniston (657802) - unfortunately this is discontinued.

One is a plain light blue which went inside and the other is a tartan check which became the outer part.


I glued them together.

I cut out a rounded rectangle with Sizzix Framelits Die, Rectangle (657908) from the same light blue paper which went inside.

I rubbed dark blue ink to the edges of all the rectangles.

I cut out two stockings with Sizzix Movers&Shapers, Mini Stocking Die by Tim Holtz (658775). From the tartan check stocking I cut off the heel, the cuff and the toe parts and glued  them to the plain blue stocking.







With a Crop-A-Dile Big Bite I have made two holes. One to the cuff part of the stocking and one to the right hand top side of the card.


With a loop pin I attached the stocking to the rounded rectangle.


Then I glued the rounded rectangle with the stocking onto the card.








I cut out the 'merry christmas' with Sizzix Thinlits Die, Holiday Words by Tim Holtz (660058) from a red cardstock to make a contrast. I glued them to the card.


And that's it! A simple, manly Christmas card was ready!













2 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!