Thursday 27 October 2016

Alteration of a MOPPE mini chest of drawers by IKEA

I have bought a MOPPE mini chest with 4 drawers but I wanted to transform it into a shabby chic furniture.








The original MOPPE chest looks like this:





So to make it shabby chic I made the following steps.

1. I sanded the whole chest.

2. I painted dark brown.

3. I glued Tim Holtz tattered flowers to the middle of the drawers.

4. I painted the flowers brown too.





5. I put a little vaseline to the edges and to other parts.

6. I put two coats of DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish paint (Refreshing).

7. I painted the flowers white with DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish (Everlasting).

8. I wiped off the paint from the edges and the other creamed  parts.

9. I sanded the edges of the flowers.










10. And now it's time to fill it with my little objects :-)


Don't forget my giveaway! You still have time to win a Tim Holtz stamp set!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!