Thursday 25 October 2018

Birthday card with silly monster

This card is for my nephew who will be 10 years old on November 5. For him, I chose the grumpy Silly Monster by Tim Holtz who is my favourite from all the monsters.


This card is a version of my earlier card with a robot blueprint which goes to my younger nephew who loves robots. If you click on the link, you can find the tutorial of the metallic background.

The papers of the text and the monster were washed with Hickory Smoke, after the edges were inked with the same ink, then I spritzed them with diluted Hickory Smoke.

The monster was coloured with Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover and Pine Neddle and I inked the edges with Hickory Smoke.





In the end, I spattered with Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stain.




Behind the monster I glued a piece of dark blue cardstock.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Silly Monsters by Tim Holtz (662374)

Sizzix embossing folder, Numeric by Tim Holtz (661827)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Talk by Tim Holtz (CMS236)

Ranger Distress ink pads (Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover, Pine Needle, Hickory Smoke)

Ranger Archival ink pad (Jet Black)

Distress Spray Stain (Vintage Photo)

Idea-Ology Design Tape, Butterfly

Idea-Ology, Long Fasteners

Ranger Foil Sheets, Vintage





And from another angle:





I hope you like it!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!