Tuesday 13 November 2018

Christmas card with Merry Moose by Tim Holltz

Now, here is my version of the Merry Moose Sizzix die. The Merry Moose is a brand new release from Tim Holtz.



And here is a step by step tutorial.

1. The first layer is a 300gsm kraft paper that I folded half and cut it to the perfect size with the Tonic Studios Guillotine.

2. The second layer is a printed paper from Tim Holtz Christmas Paper Stash.

3. This beautiful red paper was cut out with a Sizzix Rectangle Framelits die then I smeared Picket Fence Paint with a sponge to the edges.

4. The third layer was a 300gsm watercolour paper that I cut with the biggest one from the Sizzix Thinlits die set, Stacked Deckle. 

5. I tapped light blue acrylic paint onto the surface using a sponge.


6. When it was dry, I tapped white paint to the bottom part and because my blue wasn't light enough I toned back with a little diluted white paint.

7. When it was dry, I took the pine trees from the Sizzix Framelits die and stamp set, Holiday Joy by Tim Holtz. Since it's a retired stamp set, you can have the same tree stamp from the Stampers Anonymous, Reindeer Flight set (CMS052). 

8. I used the Stamping Platform, Ranger embossing ink and Ranger white embossing powder to heat emboss the trees.

9. I spattered Picket Fence paint using a brush to create a snowy background. When it was dry I inked the edges with Ranger Antique Linen ink and Gathered Twigs.

10. The moose was cut out from the same kraft paper that I used for the card base. 

11. The antler was cut out Neenah Desert Storm paper but I smeared white paint to make it lighter. Then I put the other elements to the moose.

12. I spattered with white paint the moose too.

13. I rubbed white Distress Crayon onto the metal word band and wiped off the excess.

14. I attached the word band to the red paper with Idea-Ology Long Metal Fasteners and I hammered a little the head of the fasteners.


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!



3 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!