Wednesday 3 April 2019

Easter box with a bunny

This Easter box is my second inspirational project for the April challenge of the Country View Challenges where I'm your hostess this month. I chose a quite obvious theme - I hope you like it - Easter and/or Spring.

 

To begin with, I took an oval-shaped poplar box and painted them with DecoArt Americana paints. For the top, I mixed Ligh Buttermilk with a tiny drop of Pineapple. I put two coat of paints, but of course, I let the paint dry between the coats.

I cut out the bunny with Sizzix Bigz die, Cottontail by Tim Holtz (664167) from grey chipboard. And for the dots, I used the Sizzix Bigz Die, Gadget Gears 1 and the middle of the smallest gear. I cut them out from chipboard as well.

I put an even coat of DecoArt gesso on the cutouts.


After drying I painted them white. I let them dry, then with sandpaper, I sanded the edges of the die-cuts.

The bottom was painted with DecoArt Americana, Dove Grey colour. Here I also applied two coats.

Now the next process was made with the top and the bottom as well: After drying I sanded the edges and inked with Ranger Archival Coffee ink. Then with a sponge, I tapped diluted white paint onto the surface to achieve a look like this.


I glued the cut outs to the lid and my box was ready.




I hope you like it!!! And if you have a project in the theme of Easter and/or Spring, please don't hesitate to join our April challenge where you can win a £20 voucher.

Thank you for stopping by!!!


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Monika, so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box is lovely, but what I want to know is how much chocolate is there inside?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful box, Monika! Love the pastell colors.
    .....and don´t eat all the chocolate inside at once ;-)
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!