Thursday 13 June 2019

Mixed media wooden box with seahorses

Hello everyone, here I am again but this time I would like to show you a box. I often stamp on wooden boxes and sometimes I make mistakes with the stamping and if I can't correct it properly then I just wrinkle and glue a tissue paper to the surface. And the mistake is completely covered, completely disappeared :-)

With this box, I did the same.



Here you can see the top of the box with a wrinkled tissue paper which was painted with white acrylic paint later.



I coloured my box with DecoArt Americana paints. The bottom with Buttermilk, the top with Bahama Blue. Then I tapped White Wash acrylic paint with a sponge to the edges. After this, I spattered the top and the bottom with diluted Burnt Umber paint, then with White Wash.



The seahorses were painted with DecoArt Americana paints. The big one with a mixture of Bahama Blue and Primary Blue, the little ones with Banana Cream and White Wash. I inked them a little bit with Distress ink, I think it was Gathered Twigs, then I put an even layer of Ranger Crackle Accents. I let it dry then I smeared white acrylic paint into the crackles.



For protection, I put a thin layer of satin matt varnish to the top and the bottom as well.

In the end, I glued some clear drops (Prima Marketing Melange Pebbles) for more interest.

With my box, I would like to join the following challenges:
A Vintage Journey: Tissue Paper
Simon Says Stamp: Vacation (since we often visited aquariums during our holidays and our favourites were always the seahorses)
Creative Artist Challenge Blog: 50th challenge

I hope you like it!!! Happy crafting!!!



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful make! The wrinkled tissue paper created the perfecthome for your pretty seahorses - I love it 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Creative wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous box, love the effect of the wrinkled tissue, the colour is wonderful too, and of course those sea horses are just delightful! Thanks so much for added your project to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the texture and depth you have created here. Those sea horse really pop perfectly on top. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste MM Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely summer theme box Monika! Wonderful colors and crackle on your seahorses - and great oceanwave-like wrinkles with the tissue paper colored in blue! Thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Tissue challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOooo! love your sea themed box!The crumpled tissue is the perfect surface to display those lovely seahorses. Gorgeous crackle on them too. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project with us over at A Vintage Journey. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cover-it-up tissue paper makes the perfect underwater texture to surround those sweet seahorses. Lovely to see you joining us on A Vintage Journey!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's so much gorgeous texture and crackle on this box and those sweet seahorses! Love it, Monika! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs! Sara Emily PS I think I need to hunt down my Ranger Crackle Accents--the crackle is truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!