Sunday 22 December 2019

Christmas card - town scene in a bell jar

The thing is that I have projects to show but I have no time to blog about them. Right now I have found some time to write a short tutorial of this card.



The basic if this card is a black folded card because the black looks great with the red. 

The second layer is red cardstock and I stamped one of the background stamps from the Stripes&Holiday stamp set (Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz). For this, I used the Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.

I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink.

For the Christmas town scene, first of all, I used the Sizzix Bigz, Bell Jar die. The top was cut out from 300gsm watercolour paper. The bottom from kraft paper. The bottom was inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink.

The upper part of the top was inked with Stormy Sky Distress ink. Then I cut out the elements of my scene from Core'dinations Kraft Core papers. 

For the scene, I used: Sizzix Thinlits Snowglobe, Tiny Snowglobes and Festive Things dies.

For the big stars, I used the Sizzix Bigz, Crescent Moon die.

For the little stars, I used the Sizzix Thinlits, Snowglobe die.

All the stars were cut out from Metallic Kraft paper by Tim Holtz.


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

With my card, I would like to join the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp  Monday Challenge: Cityscape 

A Vintage Journey: Holly Jolly Christmas






3 comments:

  1. Great Christmas card, Monika! I love all your elements, and how wonderful and perfect everything looks together! I especially love the sweet snowman and the black on red background. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely winter scene you created inside your recessed dome Monika! love that tall tree behind the buildings and the wonderful snowman in front! thanks for joining us in the AVJ challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and welcoming scene you have created. Love the details. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!