Friday 3 January 2020

Moose friends

Hello everyone, here is my second project for the LOVE challenge of the Country View Challenges. This month I am the lucky one who can be your hostess. The theme is love but I don't want to limit your imagination so you can visualize any love. Love for your husband or wife, daughter or son, brother or sister, your dog or cat, or maybe for your job or hobby...

This card is about the love between two good friends. The inspiration for this card was one of my earlier cards with these moose, it was a black and white love card. But I just realized lately that my love card is not correct, because the female moose don't have antlers. Well, I'm not proud of the lack of my zoological knowledge. 



The first layer of this card was a white folded card base.

The second is a brown cardstock. I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink.

For the sky, the ground, the sun, the text and for the tree, I used the back sides of the printed papers from Tim Holtz 8x8" paper pads (Menagerie, Seasonal). 

I smeared the edges of the background with white paint and distressed the top of the green paper.


The text was stamped with Ground Espresso Archival ink.

What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Merry Moose

Sizzix Thinlits die, Stitch Circles

Stampers Anonymous, Hashtags (CMS183)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Ground Espresso)

Ranger Distress ink (Walnut Stain)

Ranger Distress paint (Picket Fence)

Idea-Ology, Paper Stash 8x8" (Menagerie, Seasonal)

kraft papers

etc.




I hope you like it!!! And if you have a project in the theme of love, please don't hesitate to join our January challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!

4 comments:

  1. I certainly do like it! i love the dies to start with (the moose always amuses me)and the way you have designed the card is just super. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Monika, and I've loved seeing how it came together. I have these dies but have never used them, they will definitely be coming out now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours, subdued and a bit masculine, plus the moose have a funny look to them. Love it Monika!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! This Merry Moose thinlets set is one of my favourites and I love the rustic look that you created too 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!