Tuesday 4 February 2020

Blue weathered background with yellow flowers

On Pinterest, I have seen a colour palette that I really liked and which was really inspired me. So I made a card with those colours.


Here is the colour palette.



And here is the tutorial of the weathered background.

A cut out a rectangle panel from 300 gsm watercolour paper and using my Scor-Buddy I scored my panel.

Then I painted brown with Burnt Umber DecoArt paint.


Then I put Schmincke masking fluid on the score-lines, onto the edges and here and there.


When it was dry, I painted with Wedgewood Blue DecoArt Americana paint.


When it was dry, I started to rub off the masking fluid.


The flowers were coloured with Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber Ranger Distress markers, the leaves with Peeled Paint, the branches with Gathered Twigs.

What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Garden Greens by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Small Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Bigz die, Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz

Ranger Distress markers

Ranger Distress inks

DecoArt Americana paints

Idea-Ology long fasteners

Scor-Pal, scoring board


With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Floral Frenzy

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

A Vintage Journey: We're All Getting Older



I hope you like it!!! Happy crafting!!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow - those weathered planks in the background look so realistic, Monika - great technique! - and I love how the golden flowers pop against the rich dark blue. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey this month.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!