Sunday 1 March 2020

Birthday card with a vizsla and polka dot background

Hello crafters, it's March and there's a new challenge at the Country View Challenges called: The eyes have it. For this challenge, I made a birthday card with a vizsla.


Have I ever told you that I love vizslas? Probably, yes! That's right, I love them because I'm Hungarian and because they are beautiful, elegant and smart dogs. This is why this crazy dog is often used for my projects and always coloured brown with a pinkish nose.

I started my card with a 14x14 cm square watercolour paper which was stencilled and heat embossed with dots. For this, I used the Stampers Anonymous Shifter Dots layering stencil and the Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.


The next step was to ink the surface with Tumbled Glass ink.


Then I inked the edges with Stormy Sky ink and splattered the surface with Hickory Smoke reinker.



What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, Simple Sayings (CMS155)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Things (CMS237)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Dogs (CMS271)

Stampers Anonymous, Shifter Dots layering stencil (THS109)

Sizzix Impresslits, 3D Star Trim

Ranger embossing powder (Liquid Platinum)

Ranger Distress ink pads (Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky)

Ranger Distress reinker (Hickory Smoke)

Ranger Distress Archival ink pad (Ground Espresso)

Idea-Ology, long fasteners

Copic Sketch markers


The 3D Star Trim was heat embossed with Liquid Platinum and attached to the bottom with long fasteners.



If you have a project with eyes, please don't hesitate to join our challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!

With this card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes


7 comments:

  1. The design is fab, the embossing mesmerizing (I need that Platinum EP now!!!) and the dog so cute... Great card, Monika. Happy Sunday xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Monika, this is one of my very favourite stamps sets that I always go back to for a 'party' card, and the background you've given him is amazing (and definitely one I'm going to steal ;-) ) Have a very happy and creative March, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Monika with such an awesome background. His eyes certainly do have it 🥰👁👀xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant make Monika - love that background and the dog is just fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card !! Hve a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Monika, I adore that stamp set. Fabulous created background a lovely sight to see.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fabulous card, Monika! The background is amazing and you put all together so great. Love it!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!