Monday 30 March 2020

Easter coasters with Spring Shadows by Tim Holtz

Hello dear crafters, I hope you're all well and virus free. Although we are social distancing and on lockdown, Spring and Easter are still coming. So it was time for me to decorate our home where my family and I are spending most of our time right now.

First I would like to show you my coasters. 



For these coasters, I bought white blank cardboard coasters from Rayher. They call it Bierfilz :-)

Then I started to stamp randomly the images from the Spring Shadows stamp set with Ranger Distress Oxide inks. I chose the DOX inks for this because the Oxide inks have white or rather pastel tones.

After stamping, I heat embossed them with clear embossing powders. Here are the colours I used.


The edges of the coasters were inked with Pumice Stone and Antique Linen inks (not DOX) and I also spattered the coasters with diluted Antique Linen ink.

In the end, I put a layer of satin matt varnish for protection.


I really love these coasters, they go amazingly well with our interior where most of our furniture is white. So I'm sure I will make more coasters in the near future. 

With these coasters, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Spring Mood Board

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!