Tuesday 21 April 2020

Metal steampunk bird - canvas

I don't know but you might remember my canvas with a gold steampunk bird (if not, click here to see) but today would like to show you its pair, the masculine version.


I made this for the April challenge of the Country View Challenges where the theme is: Animal magic. Your hostess is the lovely Corrie this time and she wants to see an animal (real or fantasy) as a focal point of your project.

This is a 13x19 cms canvas which was covered with crumpled tissue paper. Then I painted the whole surface with Faded Jeans Distress paint. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo and Black Soot Archival inks and I also spritzed with a little wet Black Soot paint.

What I used:

Sizzix Bigz die, Bird Silhouette by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Bigz die, Industrial by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Gearheads by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Robotic by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Funky Florals 1 by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Wildflower Stems by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Texture  Fades, Diamond&Riveted Metal by Tim Holtz

Ranger Distress paints (Faded Jeans, Black Soot, Brushed Pewter)

Ranger Distress Archival inks (Black Soot, Vintage Photo)




If you have a project with a real or a fantasy animal (or two or more), please don't hesitate to join our challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!



5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Monika, this bird is stunning! Have a great week and take care, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Monika! And clever too... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant canvas love the mechanical bird and blue background x

    Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this bird(s), Monika! Brilliant make!
    Take care and stay healthy my dear! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I adore him in his silver tones that go so well with the textured blue background. Another fabulous steampunk make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!