Sunday 17 May 2020

Ladies at a birthday party

Hello crafty friends, I'm here with the second inspirational post for the May challenge of the Country View Challenges, called Tea Party but you can do projects with Birthday Party or any Anniversary Party.

Here is mine with a birthday party this time.


And here is my tutorial.

I made a folded card from a light cream cardstock, then I adhered a dark brown panel on it.  Now here comes the creative part.

I took a paper from the Menagerie 8x8" Paper Stash and blended Spun Sugar ink onto the surface. Then inked the edges with Gathered Twigs ink.


Then I took a 300gsm watercolour paper and stamped, then heat embossed with the Lattice background stamp from the Lattice&Flourish stamp set (CMS257). For this, I used the Princess Gold embossing powder.

Then I blended the surface with diluted Antique Linen ink. This is why I needed a watercolour paper. Here I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs as well.


The ladies were in one of the Paper Dolls set and I coloured with Distress Crayons. For this technique, you can find a perfect tutorial at Paula Cheney, I followed her rules too.

The hat was stamped with Hickory Smoke Archival ink and coloured with Distress markers (Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade) and you can find the actual stamp in the Mini Crazy Birds&Things stamp set. In the end, I sealed them with Distress Resist Spray. For this, I spritzed a little amount of Resist Medium onto a plastic sheet, then I tapped them onto the surface with a piece of sponge. 


The text was in the Metallic Stickers Quotations set and I placed a piece of gold paper from the Metallic Kraft Paper Stash.

The flowers were made earlier. But I'm sure, I used the Tiny Tattered Florals for the white part and the Small Tattered Florals for the blue part. I also used the latter die set for the leaves. I added a little gold paint to the edges for making them more elegant. I put a tiny pearl in the middle of my flower.

I used the same gold paint to colour the thin Star Trim paper.


If you have a project related to our May theme, please don't hesitate to join us where you can win a £20 voucher.



2 comments:

  1. They seem to be having fun! Gorgeous card Monika! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Monika, such fun! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!