Friday 1 May 2020

Tea time - tag with tea cups

Hello crafty friends, I'm here to show you my first inspirational project for our May challenge over at Country View Challenges blog. Our theme is Tea Party, Birthday Party and the lovely Miriam will be your hostess.


And here is my tutorial.

I cut out a tag from chipboard with the Tag&Bookplates Sizzix die by Tim Holtz.

Then I added a layer of gesso on both sides.

When it was dry, I painted with PaperArtsy Cheesecake paint.


When the paint was dry, I stencilled the pattern of the Stampers Anonymous Flames stencil by Tim Holtz. For this, I used the Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste.

The cups were cut out from 300gsm watercolour paper with the Sizzix Tea Time Bigz die by Tim Holtz.

I stamped and heat embossed flowers to the middle of the cups. For this, I used the Stampers Anonymous Spring Shadows stamp set and two Ranger embossing powders (Sky Blue, Sage).

I inked the edges with Pumice Stone and Antique Linen Distress inks.

I cut out the word TEA with a retired Sizzix Strip die, the Boardwalk.

I used the Botanical Remnant Rubs to write the time on the paper of the teabag. For this, I used the "timeless" word of this set and of course, I cut off the "less".

The rose was - I think - part of the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Ephemera layers, Botanical set.


If you have a project related to our May theme, please don't hesitate to join us where you can win a £20 voucher.

With this tag, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Not a card



6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Monika. Love those tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Monika, I love the small teabag label! Have a great Sunday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Monika, what a great design! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is stunning!! I love the tea cups - and your background it awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful teatime tag - I'm always sad when I see those teacups that I didn't buy them! Lovely celebration of the theme.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag is so amazing, Monika! I love the tiny "time" tag and the teacups! Very feminin.
    Have a wonderful May and stay save!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!