Friday 11 December 2020

Tag with retro Santa and striped background

Let me show you my latest make, a tag with retro Santa and striped background. 


For making this tag, I cut out a tag with Sizzix Framelits die, Tag Collection. I chose the second biggest die from this set. Then I started to create the striped background with the Mini Shifter Mint stencil from the Mini Layering Stencil 37 set. For this, I also used two Distress Oxide Colours, the Pine Needle and the Broken China.


Then I stamped the snowflakes with Hickory Smoke Archival ink on the tag.


I cut out a same size tag from turquoise paper to make a back side for my tag. I stamped a Christmas text from the Handwritten Mini Holidays stamp set.


Before I glued the two tags together I drew turquoise lines to the edges. I didn't want any white to be visible after I attached one tag to the other.


Then I inked the edges with Mermaid Lagoon ink.



Now the Santa...

I stamped the retro Santa from the Sizzix die and stamp set, Retro Christmas but you can always find this Santa in the Christmas Memories stamp set (CMS118). For the stamping, I used Neenah Solar White paper and Memento Lady Bug ink. This ink is working well with alcohol markers. Then I reinforced the outlines and other lines of Santa with a black Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen.


In the end, I coloured the black parts, like the gloves and boots with dark grey Copic Sketch markers.


What I used:

Sizzix Framelits die, Tag Collection by Tim Holtz (658784) 

Sizzix Framelits die and stamp set, Retro Christmas by Tim Holtz 

Stampers Anonymous, Mini Layering Stencil #37 set

Stampers Anonymous, Retro Flakes by Tim Holtz (CMS417)

Stampers Anonymous, Handwritten Mini Holidays by Tim Holtz (CMS211)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Talk by Tim Holtz (CMS236)

Ranger Distress ink pad (Mermaid Lagoon)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink pads (Broken China, Pine Needle)

Ranger Distress Archival ink pads (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke)

Ranger Distress marker (Broken China)


With this tag, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Favorite Technique

Thank you for stopping by!!! Happy crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!