Tuesday 1 December 2020

Vintage Hungarian Christmas cards #85

Every year in December I share with you the pieces of my vintage Christmas postcard collection. This is an old hobby of mine, so I have a huge collection. Since I am Hungarian, I'm only interested in the Hungarian Christmas postcards. But I hope you will still enjoy them.

Let's start this year with a gnome card. 


I love these jolly gnomes around the fire. If you look at them you will be in good spirit too. The card has an undivided back, it means the sender has no space to write his wishes this is why you can see writing on the front. The backside was for the address only. So this is an early postcard and I assume my card was posted in 1900 or 1901 - although the date of the postmark is not visible but the edition of the stamp helped me to find out the date.

If you would like to see my other vintage Christmas postcards, please click on the 'old Christmas cards' label on the sidebar.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!