Sunday 17 January 2021

Green birthday cake with tiny pink flowers

Yesterday was my daughter’s birthday, so I made her a cake. With my husband we don’t eat sugar or foods that contain gluten, so we avoid the wheat flour. Generally, we use Erythritol as a sweetener and oat flake flour, coconut flour, almond flour, chestnut flour, etc. instead of wheat flour. But our daughter doesn’t want to follow this diet and I don’t force her to do it. 

I'm flattered that she insists that I make her birthday cake but it's always a big challenge for me. Usually, I don’t make these types of decorated cakes, so I can't practise before.  And it’s a big challenge because I try to cheat, I try to mix the unhealthy with the healthy in such a way that she won’t notice my tricks. 



This year, I made this floral cake. Inside there is a French chocolate buttercream (buttercream with egg yolks) and the outside was Swiss buttercream (buttercream with egg whites) adding green food colouring. The sponge cake is made with fifty-fifty Erythritol and sugar, fifty-fifty wheat flour and oat flake flour. For the buttercream I also used half amount of Erythritol.



The flowers were cut out from pink fondant.


Luckily, the cake was a big success and she didn't realise anything from my cheating :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!