Tuesday 23 March 2021

Hippity and Hoppity - Easter card

Let me introduce you the two Easter bunnies, Hippity and Hoppity. They are very cheerful and droll young rabbits, also they are best friends. 

Now let's see how I made the background for these merry chaps. 

First of all, I took a 300 gsm watercolour paper and started to stamp eggs with Distress Oxide colours (Speckled Egg, Pumice Stone) randomly. For this, I used the Stampers Anonymous, Bird Feather stamp set. You can also use the Spring Shadows for this. Maybe next time I will do a background with that too. In the end I speckled the background with diluted Ground Espresso Distress paint.


After this, I did some stitching. I don't often do such a thing, just when I have to take out my sewing machine to shorten my new jeans, since I'm a diminutive woman :-) I also inked the edges with Gathered Twigs colour.


The next step was to make an underlayer. For this, I cut out a one size bigger square and coloured the edges with Distress Speckled Egg paint.


The rabbits were cut out with the Sizzix Thinlits, Bunny Hop die from Kraft paper. This is why I could sand the edges.

For the text, I used an old Strip (Sizzlits) die, the Tattered Curvy Banners. The two words of the text were stamped separately. First I inked the Hippity carefully to avoid inking the Hoppity accidentally. For this, I used the Ground Espresso Archival ink. Then I do the same with the Hoppity. I also spattered the banner with Vintage Photo Spray Stain using a brush.

What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Bunny Hop by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Sizzlits Strip die, Tattered Curvy Banners by Tim Holtz

Stampers Anonymous, Bird Feather stamp set (CMS180)

Stampers Anonymous, Spring Shadows stamp set (CMS393)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink pads (Pumice StoneSpeckled Egg)

Ranger Distress ink pads (Gathered Twigs)

Ranger Distress paints (Ground Espresso, Speckled Eggs)

Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Vintage Photo)

Idea-ology Classic Kraft Stock



I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!