Sunday 5 September 2021

Card with gold and silver leaves

Hello everyone, here is my second project for our September challenge over at the Country View Challenges. The theme is the Leaves begin to fall. My first creation was a tag with gold leaves and I used Tim Holtz's Nature's Wonder stamp set for that. This time I used Tim's Skeleton Leaves dies and not just gold but silver as well. 


First of all, I cut out 5 leaves from 300 gsm paper and painted gold and silver.


I took a 300 gsm watercolour paper and cut out a rectangle panel for my leaves. I stamped the text to the bottom with Ground Espresso Archival ink. I stained it with Antique Linen Oxide ink.


I also splashed the paper with Antique Linen re-inker but when the drops dried they became much lighter than in the photo.


I inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy. I cut out a one size bigger rectangle panel and painted the edges with the same gold I used for the leaves.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Skeleton Leaves (663094)

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text (CMS394)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Ground Espresso)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink (Antique Linen)

Ranger Distress re-inker (Antique Linen)

Ranger Distress ink pad (Brushed Corduroy)

gold, silver acrylic paint


If you have a project with leaves please don't hesitate to join our September challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Crafts online shop.


3 comments:

  1. The quote is so perfect for this CAS design Monika! Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Monika! It doesn´t need more, the skeleton leaves are so eye catching.
    Big hugs Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant, love the striking design and I love this card x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!