Monday 4 October 2021

Halloween card with Pumpkinhead by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, I would like to show you my latest make, a Halloween card with the Pumpkinhead die set by Tim Holtz. I really enjoyed making this card, I was very pleased how I created a layered Jack-O-Lantern from a simple die.


If you know the original die, the Bigz Jack-O-Lanterns, you know that this contains two one layer Jack-O-Lanterns. For my project, I chose the smaller one and I cut out twice from 300gsm watercolour paper.


Then I coloured the first with Carved Pumpkin and the other with Ripe Persimmon.


Then I cut the first one into 4 pieces and about one millimetre thiner each piece.


I inked the edges with Vintage Photo.


And I glued the pieces one by one on the darker pumpkin.


I also cut out a stem from green paper and glued the dark pumpkin.


I placed my pumpkin on a black cardstock and drew the contour line of the pumpkin. 


I cut this out but just a little inside than the line was. I glued this behind the pumpkin.


The card panel was also cut out from 300 gsm paper and I coloured the bottom part with Gathered Twigs DOX and Frayed Burlap ink. I also added Walnut Stain to the edges.


The sky was coloured with Stormy Sky DOX ink and I put Faded Jeans to the edges. Then I also blended Black Soot to the edges of the whole panel.


In the end, I spattered my panel with Vintage Photo Spray Stain.


For the Pumpkinhead, I don't write a tutorial. Please follow the instructions of this video, but I share with you some process photos.










What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits Colorize die, Pumkinhead

Sizzix Thinlits die, Witchcraft (662386)

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Mini Owl&Crescent Moon (658725)

Sizzix Bigz die, Jack-O-Lanterns (660964)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play (663868)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Toil&Trouble

Stampers Anonymous, Pumkinhead stamp set (CMS309)

Ranger Distress Oxide inks (Stormy Sky, Gathered Twigs)

Ranger Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Ripe Persimmon, Carved Pumpkin)

Ranger embossing powders (Princess Gold, Fine Black)

etc.




I hope you like it! Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting!












1 comment:

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!