Tuesday 7 December 2021

Black and white card - Village Christmastime by Tim Holtz

I really don't want to jinx it but the special DieCember Santa die set, the fruit of Tim Holtz and Simon Says Stamp collaboration is on its way to me. And hopefully it will arrive. This new die set is called Dash Away All. 

In the meantime, I made a card using the older and bigger version of the Dash Away All set, the Village Christmastime.



This is a black and white slimline card and is made as follows.

I cut out the Santa two times and glued the two cut-outs together. 

I cut out a slimline card panel from watercolour paper (300 gsm) and blended Black Soot Distress Oxide ink on the surface.


Then I started to stamp trees on the bottom part with Distress Black Soot Archival ink. For this I used a stamp from an old and discontinued die and stamp set by Sizzix Tim Holtz but I think you can find the same pine tree set in the Reindeer Flight stamp set (CMS052).





Since I found glue residue on the Santa cutout, I painted it with black acrylic paint. I glued the Santa on the card and I spattered the whole card with diluted white acrylic paint.

I inked the edges with Black Soot Archival ink.

What I used:

Sizzix Framelits die and stamp set, Holiday Joy (659376)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Village Christmastime (662424)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink (Black Soot)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Black Soot)

black and white acrylic paints

etc.




With my card I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Santa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!