Friday 14 January 2022

Tag with Wacky Transport by Tim Holtz

I'd like to show you the tag I just finished, which I made for myself and not for anyone else. On Tuesday this week, after 15 years, I parted with my old car, a Toyota Yaris. I loved it dearly, which is why it had been with me for so long. The new car that replaced it was a green Mini Cooper. The new car is greeted by this tag, which I will use as a bookmark.


I cut out a tag from 300gsm watercolour paper and painted the bottom part with Pumice Stone Distress paint and the top with Winter Blue DecoArt Americana paint. 


The houses were cut out from the same watercolour paper I used for the tag. I cut out the roof from grey paper. I inked the edges of the houses with Hickory Smoke Distress ink and the edges of the tag with Hickory Smoke Archival ink.


The car is also cut out from the same watercolour paper as the tag. And I coloured with a mixture of green acrylic paints.

I cut out the "mini" word from black cardstock and the heart from red. 

I always glue a plain paper on the back of my tags, and since I usually chose darker paper, I colour the edges the same colour as the paper I use for this. This time I used grey paper and grey marker for the colouring.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Wacky Transport by Tim Holtz (665220)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Cityscape Suburbia by Tim Holtz (661811)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Classic Lower by Tim Holtz (664224)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Falling Hearts by Tim Holtz (664415)

Idea-Ology Sticker Book, Small Talk (TH93193)

etc.


Here is a photo of my new car:


And on the tag :-)

With my tag, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Transport it!

Thank you for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!