Wednesday 23 February 2022

Girls in Paris - Tim Holtz paper dolls

Hello everyone, here is my latest project which went straight into my art journal, so with this page I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Art Journal


For making this page I used one of my earlier project as inspiration. Here you can see my card with the imaginary wedding in Paris. 

I still love Paris and I imagined another scene with girls who visited Paris and sat down on a bench at the foot of the Eiffel Tower and they asked a passer-by to take their picture.

First of all, I cut a rectangle panel from watercolour paper. I stamped the roses to the top edges with embossing ink then heat embossed it with Princess Gold embossing powder. Next I stamped with the Papillon stamp to here and there using Hickory Smoke Archival ink.

Then I blended Antique Linen ink onto the surface. I coloured the roses with Spun Sugar and Twisted Citron markers.

Now, the girls... I put a layer of embossing ink to the part I wanted to emboss it with the glaze. For this, I used embossing pen. The blouse of the girl on the left side was coloured with Salvaged Platina, the dress of the girl in the middle was coloured with Kitsch Flamingo and Broken China, the dress of the girl on right was coloured with Speckled Egg.


The Eiffel Tower was stamped and heat embossed with Black Super Fine embossing powder. Then I blended Antique Linen to the inner parts.

For the butterflies, I used an old Sizzlits die, the Butterfly Frenzy.


What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text by Tim Holtz (CMS394)

Stampers Anonymous, Lady Rose by Tim Holtz (CMS255)

Stampers Anonymous, Paris Memoir by Tim Holtz (CMS159)

Stampers Anonymous, Papillon by Tim Holtz (CMS106)

Sizzix Sizzlits Strip die, Butterfly Frenzy (659575)

Sizzix Impresslits die, Star Trim (663297)

Idea-Ology, Paper Dolls Groups (TH94137)

Ranger Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs)

Ranger embossing powder (Black super fine, Princess Gold)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Ground Espresso, Hickory Smoke)

Ranger Distress embossing glaze (Kitsch Flamingo, Broken China, Speckled Egg, Salvaged Platina)

etc.


With this mixed media journal page, I also join the challenge of The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog: For the love of mixed media



5 comments:

  1. Soooo BEAUTIFUL!!
    The embossing glaze just made the page pop- great choice of technique for this.
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creation featuring paper dolls! Love the color and composition of this. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! ~Janna FJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great techniques, it looks lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design and those glazes are very cool! Thanks for joining us in the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge and sharing what you love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!