Tuesday 20 September 2022

Wine tag with The Scarecrow by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, My returning readers probably know that I love to make wine tags. Every year, I make Halloween and Christmas wine tags and sometimes for birthdays too. After a long time, I'm here with a Halloween wine tag.


For this tag, I had to do a lot of masking. But first of all, I cut out a wine tag shape from 300 gsm watercolour paper. Then I stamped the scarecrow with Black Soot Archival ink and I masked it. Then I stamped the moon and the maize. Then I masked them too before making the background. Here in this picture, you can see, that I've already masked the scarecrow and the moon.


Then I started to blend Faded Jeans to the top and Gathered Twigs to the bottom. 


Then I added some Chipped Sapphire here and there on the top part and Black Soot to the edges. Then I spritzed with water.

When it was dry, I coloured the scarecrow with Distress markers. In the end, I added a layer of Distress Resist. I tapped the Resist medium with a piece of sponge onto the surface. This enhanced the colours and it gave the surface a great protection.


What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, The Scarecrow (CMS451)

Stampers Anonymous, Sketch Manor (CMS408)

Stampers Anonymous, Regions Beyond (CMS274)

Ranger Distress inks (Gathered Twigs, Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire)

Ranger Distress Resist Spray

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Black Soot)

MFT, Wine Tag Die-Namics

etc.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!