Tuesday 1 November 2022

Small Christmas tag with Harvey by Sizzix Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, it's November and we start a new challenge on the Country View Challenges blog. The theme is Tags Only and the lovely Jo will be your hostess. For this challenge I created a small tag with Harvey, from the latest Sizzix Christmas release by Tim Holtz.


To make this tag, I first assembled Harvey, and not just one Harvey, I put six Harvey soldiers together. Since I painted gold the gold parts, it was more efficient if I made more than one. 

If you don't know how to put together Harvey, then follow this video tutorial on Youtube. This is an official Sizzix video.

And I will show where I got the idea to make Harvey in gold and white. A few days ago I went to the supermarket nearby where they built a Christmas corner filled with nutcrackers of all shapes and colours. And there was the gold section. 




I cut out the base from white watercolour paper and painted the hands and the face to a skin colour with DecoArt Americana Natural Buff.



Here you can see the drying gold parts.



And here you can see my Harvey army :-)


In this picture you can see, that their eyes are light blue, but later I put a tiny black dot in the middle of each eye because somehow I found Harvey a little creepy without pupils.

For the tag, I used the middle sized tag die from the Tag Collection Sizzix Framelits die set. I cut out one from a 300gsm paper then 2 from a lighter blue cardstock. Then I embossed one of the blues with the Holiday Knit embossing folder. 

I didn't want to put Harvey to the middle, but when I placed him to a side, I felt that something was missing from the tag. So I was looking for something to go with Harvey. It was a package from the Mini Christmas Things die set and some tiny stars from  the Swirling Stars die set.



What I used:

Sizzix Framelits die, Tag Collection (658784)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Harvey Colorize (666066)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things (662418)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Swirling Stars (663095)

Sizzix embossing folder, Holiday Knit (661366)

Schmincke Aqua Bronze, Rich Gold

DecoArt Americana, Natural Buff



Now I have to find out what to do with the other Harveys :-)


So if you have a project on tag, please don't hesitate to join our November challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Craft Shop.


With my tag I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Christmas



6 comments:

  1. Loving your fabu Harvey tag! I love your design with the stars and present and the blue embossed background is perfect, it showcases the white and gold perfectly 😊. Wow, you created so many Harveys too, and I can't wait to find out what you're going to use them all for. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy November! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love Harvey! Amazing tag Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is amazing Monika, I don't know how you had the patience to make all of those Harveys lol. Take care and have a very happy November, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fiddly and time consuming your army of Harveys must have been... The result is fab though, well worth it! And yes the pupil needs to be there...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harvey is fabulous ! Love your tag. Have a happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fab tag Monika....so fiddly though...I take my hat off to your patience! Enjoy the rest of November. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!