Saturday 3 December 2022

Christmas card with Holiday Scenes by Tim Holtz

I'm here again with my second inspirational project that I created for our December challenge over at the Country View Challenges. The theme is Christmas. This time I chose a stamp by Tim Holtz to make my card.


I cut out a rectangle from watercolour paper using a stitched rectangle die. Then I stamped one of the three images from the Holiday Scenes stamp set with black Archival ink.


Then I coloured the image with Distress markers, yes I still have some, just enough for this scene :-) The edge of the white watercolour paper was inked with Antique Linen. I used a wet brush to spread the Antique Linen colour around the image. When it was dry, I put Vintage Photo ink on the very edge. In the end, I blended Distress Micro Glaze to the surface with my finger for protection. I wiped off the excess with a paper towel.


Then I placed my first layer on a brown paper. I put 4 fasteners to the corners. I added foam tape adhesive to the back side and placed it on a pattern paper from the Christmas Paper Stash set (TH94085).




You can buy Tim's products in Susan's shop, in the Country View Crafts. And if you don't know yet, I'm telling you that the Country View Crafts has a special Advent offer. Every day you can find different type of products with huge discount. But one offer lasts only for one day and the next day another offer begins. Good luck!

So if you have a Christmas project, please don't hesitate to join our December challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Craft Shop.

With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Freezing Cold Mood Board

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Monika, I love how you've coloured your image! Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Holtz would be proud... lovely vintage feel to this card Monika! Have a great Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!