Thursday 1 December 2022

Christmas box with toy soldier - Harvey on a wood box

Hello everyone, we started the last challenge of 2022 on the Country View Challenges because it's December. The theme of the challenge is Christmas. So I kept my last two golden Harveys for this challenge, because this project is really one of my favourites. I put Harvey on a wood box and I also made a matching tag.


This project started with an oval poplar wood box that I bought in the local supermarket. 


Then I painted gold the bottom part inside and outside, and black the top inside and outside. After the first layer I sanded the wood with a very fine sanding paper. I wiped the dust off and put another layer of paint both the top and the bottom. 

If you follow my blog, you know that I made 6 gold and white Harveys, of which these are the last two. You can find the tutorial of how to put Harvey together in this blogpost


Then I glued Harvey on the top. You can use any glue which is an all purpose glue and dries clear. Here I used Tacky Glue Fast Grab. 


Then I started to put dots with the same paint I used for the bottom. I used a brush for this, and I have to say, with the exception of one dot, I'm very satisfied with the result.  

Now the tag.



For this I chose the middle sized tag die from the Tag Collection die set, and cut out two tag from black card stock. I stamped a sentiment on one of the die-cuts and heat embossed with Princess Gold embossing powder.


I glued the two black together and I adhered Harvey on the front side and I also added a little gift box next to him. With the same brush and paint, I put some dots around Harvey. And this was it. 




What I used:

Sizzix Framelits die, Tag Collection (658784)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Harvey Colorize (666066)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things (662418)

Schmincke Aqua Bronze (Rich Gold)

DecoArt Americana paint (Natural Buff)



So if you have a Christmas project, 
please don't hesitate to join our December challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Craft Shop.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning box and tag! I love how you transformed the box, it's looks amazing and anyone will be so lucky to receive this for Christmas 😊. Happy December! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box and tag Monikia ! Love Harvey! Have a lovely December ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Harvey dear Monika! He looks fab on the box and the tag!
    Have a wonderful December!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combo that you used!. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Harvey and your projects are just perfect. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Monika, such fun but so elegant at the same time! Take care and have a very happy December, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are stunning Monika, I love the colours you used. Merry Christmas! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous makes! Elegant, original and well made Monika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!