Monday 12 December 2022

Christmas cards with Mr. Frost by Tim Holtz

Poor Mr. Frost has been waiting silently for his turn in the cellophane bag to finally get a nice Christmas card. I'm sorry I've neglected him for so long, but he is adorable. So I decided to make two cards at once. Here they are.




I made the background of both cards the same way. I little bit more than half part was painted blue with Tumbled Glass Distress paint, the bottom part with Picket Fence. When it was dry I added Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste through a snow stencil.  

I cut out the pine tree with the Home For The Holidays tree die and painted green with Rustic Wilderness paint. When it was dry I also added snow using the same texture paste and stencil.


I adhered the background to a little bit bigger black panel, then to a red panel. Here in the picture you can see, that one of the card has bigger red border. 

Mr. Frost was cut out from white watercolour paper and I inked the edges with Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen Distress inks. 


I cut out the scarf and the green strip of the hat from felt. You can find the same texts in the Holiday Sketchbook stamp set. I stamped on a black paper with embossing ink and heat embossed using white fine embossing powder. With white paint I added some snow dots on the snowman. 


The text strips and the layer panels were cut with Tim's guillotine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!