Wednesday 1 February 2023

Tag with a bird of Feathered Friends die set

Hello everyone, I'm here with the first project that I made for the February challenge of the Country View Challenges blog. The theme is Be sentimental which means you have to use a sentiment on your project. This time my lovely teamie, Jane will be your hostess.


I got this idea of the bird sitting on a swing from a picture I saw earlier. And if I want to use a bird for one my projects, I almost always choose one of the birds of the Feathered Friends die set. I did the same this time. And this little one was also coloured yellow in an earlier project.

For this tag, I took a watercolour paper and cut out the tag shape. I coloured the whole tag with a mixture of turquoise, blue and grey Distress paints. Then I created clouds with a brush and white paint.



Then I toned back the colours with diluted Antique Linen and Pumice Stone paint. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo  and Hickory Smoke Archival ink. Then I stamped the sentiment with embossing ink onto the tag and heat embossed with black super fine embossing powder. 

Then I attached the tag to a 300 gsm grey tag to make it sturdier. 

With a piece of twig and jute twine I created a swing and then I glued to the tag with hot glue.



Then I added the bird with foam adhesive tape to the tag and I put a yellow ribbon to the top hole.



What I used:

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Tag&Bookplates (656938)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Feathered Friends (664433)

Stampers Anonymous, Noteworthy (CMS446)

Ranger Distress paint (Salvaged Patina, Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen, Picket Fence)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Vintage Photo, Hickory Smoke)

Ranger Distress ink (Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Gathered Twigs)

Ranger embossing powder (black super fine)



So if you have a project with a sentiment on it, please don't hesitate to join our February challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a  £20 voucher in the Country View Craft Shop. Good luck!



5 comments:

  1. Monika this is fabulous! I love how you've reated a swing for your birdie. Take care and have a very happy February, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful tag Monika. Beautiful colours too. Happy February. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun tag! Loving how it came together and the blue and yellow colour palette is so cheery for this time of year 😊. Thanks for the smiles and Happy February! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swing is excellent! Love the bird too and your clouds are really good (I rely on a stencil for mine!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, Monika! I love, how you made the swing, very creative! Have a good time! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!