Wednesday 15 March 2023

Focus on the good - Card with a bear

Hello everyone, let me show you my latest make, a card that I made for my mother-in-law. My husband will give it to her for Mother's Day. And this text is just perfect for her, because she is recovering from a major illness and my husband wants to encourage her.


I've used this bear on cards many times, but only for the second time with flower in his hand. You can see my previous card here with this bear holding a flower in his hand. 

I've also used this sun a lot, but this is the first time with clouds. I got the idea from Emma to use the exhaust gas although Tim mentioned this in one of the YouTube videos but I forgot about it.

And here is the tutorial of the background. 

I cut a panel from white paper and first I blended Broken China Oxide ink to the top and Frayed Burlap to the bottom part. Then I also blended Speckled Egg to the top. After this I chose the dotted  piece from the Psychedelic Grunge stamp set and stamped on the panel with Faded Jeans and Brushed Corduroy ink.



Then I muted back the colours with diluted white paint. In the end I inked the edges with Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Archival ink.

Most part of the bear was coloured with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain ink and the stomach and the muzzle with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. I always added the darker colour to the edges. 




The sun was coloured with Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed.

The text was heat embossed with black embossing powder.




What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Road Trip Colorize (666288)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play (663868)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Cozy Winter (665574)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Funky Foliage (663087)

Stampers Anonymous, Psychedelic Grunge (CMS056)

Stampers Anonymous, Noteworthy (CMS446)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink (Speckled Egg, Broken China, Frayed Burlap)

Ranger Distress ink (Faded Jeans, Brushed Corduroy, Worn Lipstick, Mowed Lawn)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso)

Ranger Distress embossing ink

Ranger embossing powder (Black Super Fine)

etc.



With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Whatever The Weather






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!