Saturday 21 October 2023

Believe in the magic - Santa Greetings by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, finally I had a little time to make a Christmas card. For this I used the Santa Greetings die set by Tim Holtz again. But this time I created a night scene for him. Here is my previous card where you will also find a tutorial of how to assemble Santa. 



I really enjoyed to make the background where I just layered many different shades of the blue. I think I started with Prize Ribbon, then I added some Broken China and Salvage Patina to the moon's corner. I added some Chipped Sapphire to the edges. Then I splattered with white paint. As a final step I blended Black Soot Archival ink to the edges.

For the snow part, I used a vintage white.

As I mentioned at the beginning you will find Santa's tutorial in my earlier blog post.

For the moon I used Antique Linen ink (original and oxide) and Pumice Stone oxide ink. Then I added white paint, to mute the colours. 



The text was stamped with embossing ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.

For the stars I used silver glitter paper.


What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, Bold Tidings Mini (CMS440)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Santa Greetings Colorize (666338)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Moonlight (666386)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Swirling Stars (663095)

Ranger embossing powder (black super fine)

Ranger Distress paints (Barn Door, Broken China, Candied Apple, Chipped Sapphire, Lumberjack Plaid, Prize Ribbon, Salvaged Patina)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink (Antique Linen, Pumice Stone)

Ranger Distress ink (Antique Linen)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Black Soot)

Ranger Distress embossing ink

etc.




I hope you like my card! Thank you for stopping by!


With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Text it



1 comment:

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!