Friday 11 December 2015

Vintage Hungarian Christmas cards #14

I'm so sorry but I have to confess, when the Christmas is approaching I don't have time to come everyday with another vintage postcard. But today I am here with Santa and Krampus.

Krampus is the companion of Saint Nicolas in Hungary and in other cultures in the neighbourhood and he comes to the naughty kids :-)






Although this card was printed in Vienna but it was posted in Budapest and was sent to the "boss" of the university journal :-) Anyway, the card was posted in 1899 when Hungary was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire!

And it has undivided back!


Do you like it?



You can find my other cards under the label: 'old Christmas cards'.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!