Saturday 26 August 2017

Vintage Halloween tags

Let me show you my latest makes, these vintage Halloween tags. And since I made many photos during the process I can give you a tutorial too.










Well...

I cut out tag shapes from watercolour papers but this time I didn't use heavy weight, just 150g papers.

I put some ink (Vintage Photo and Antique Linen) onto a plastic sheet and spritzed with water. Then I inked my tags with the mixture of these colours. 







Then I stamped onto the tags with various stamps from Tim's Halloween stamp sets using Ranger Archival Coffee ink. I inked the edges with Ranger Distress inks (Vintage Photo, Black Soot).




After I glued them onto the one size bigger black tags, then I toned back with white acrylic paint.




The next step was to stamp the pumpkinheads onto my tags with Ranger Archival ink (Jet Black) and heat embossed with Ranger fine embossing powder. For this I used (when I didn't forget - hahaha) the EK Success Powder Tool. This is a very-very useful thing!




I coloured the pumpkins with Spiced Marmalade distress marker. 




The how-to-make photos were made by my iPhone so this is why the colours differ from the main photos.


And now the text... with the previously mentioned technique I stamped the Happy Halloween text to the tags. And because they weren't emphasised enough I made a rectangle background for them.  







And for more highlighting I lined the rectangles with black Posca acrylic pen and between the lines I used again the Spiced Marmalade marker.

In the end I distressed the edges and made some spatters with Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Vintage Photo).














Actually this is not 6 tags, just 3, because I glued the stamped tags on both sides of the black tags.


What I used:






Sizzix Framelits Tags

Ranger Distress inks (Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Antique Linen)

Ranger Archival inks (Coffee, Jet Black)

Ranger embossing powder (Fine Black)

Ranger Distress marker (Spiced Marmalade)

Ranger Distress Spray Stains (Vintage Photo)

Amsterdam white acrylic paint

EK Success Powder Tool

Uni-Posca acrylic pen, black



With my tags I would like to join the following challenges:

Stamps and Stencils: Technique School

Frilly&Funkie: On The Cutting Edge

A Vintage Journey: Watercolour!


10 comments:

  1. Monika, these Halloween tags are fantastic! Fabulous designs and amazing coloring! I'm still scratching my head, because I can never get my sprays to make such a perfect fine spray--usually just a couple of big blobs of color. Well done! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Frilly and Funkie for our On the Cutting Edge challenge! And thank you for reminding me I SHOULD have ordered those pumpkin stamps! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant Monika! I love how you've coloured in some of the images and left the others alone - a really clever idea. Have a fun week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the layered stamping and use of colors to highlight the images. Beautiful tags! Thanks for joining us in the Cutting Edge Challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Halloween tags with lots of great stamping. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back again to say Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of Halloween tags Monika! Love the faces on the jack o lanterns- lovely watercoloring on the backgrounds! thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge this month! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these tags. Your technique is excellent. Thank you for sharing how to make them with everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great warm up for the up coming Halloween season! Just finished my September cards, now onto Halloween. Hope you make more Halloween goodies. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very much enjoyed reading about your process. The layered stamping creates such a cool effect. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for breaking down all of your steps to create these tags. They look fantastice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!