Monday 23 October 2017

Autumn card with glitter pumpkin

Hello everyone, I'm here again with my second inspirational piece for the October challenge of the Country View Challenges. The theme is: Mixed media with autumn hues.

Well, for this challenge, I made this card:




For making the background I used acrylic paints, after drying I stamped a couple of times with a grass stamp.

Then I put a layer of matte Collage Medium by Ranger, Tim Holtz.

I cut out the pumpkin from a thick paper, painted orange, and after drying I smeared Ranger Glossy Accents on the surface and sprinkled it with Ranger Distress Glitter, Spiced Marmalade. I put it aside to dry.

I cut out the leaves with Sizzix Thinlits die, Fall Foliage by Tim Holtz and coloured with Distress inks.

I coloured a piece of cheesecloth with the same inks.

I cut out the text with Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric 3/4" tall by Tim Holtz from a pre-inked paper.  When I glued the text onto the card, I put Ranger Glossy Accents on the top of each letter.

I put two fasteners to the corners as embellishments.

At this point, I still wanted to put something on the right side corner on the cheesecloth. I tried spiders, but I didn't have the perfect size spider... and after I found this fly in the bag I had received from Brenda Brown last year. And this was just perfect! Thank you, Brenda!





And if you have any mixed media creations in autumn colours, please don't hesitate to join our October challenge where a lucky crafter can win a £20 voucher!


With my card, I would like to enter:
- the October challenge of the A Vintage Journey: Crazy for autumn colour!

- the Frilly and Funkie challenge: 'Tis Near Halloween








8 comments:

  1. Monika, I love this! Your jack-o-lantern looks fabulous on the rich background, and I love your delicate stamping in the background! Thank you for sharing this card with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS this would fit right in with my 'Tis Near Halloween challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com/2017/10/tis-near-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such fun Monika, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Halloween card with that infectious smiling jack o lantern!. Happy that you played along with us at Frilly and Funkie in the Tis Near Halloween challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! I'm back to say I'm so happy to see your played along with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Halloween card with a super Jack-O-Lantern. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, Monika! The background is wonderfully grungy!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!